Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Jar of Birthday Memories

Today is my birthday!
I'm not ashamed to say how old I am...52 years young and so appreciative that I am
alive and healthy and life is good!

I thought I'd share some birthday decorations that I've saved through all the birthday cakes that my kids have had.


Until recently I had them all stuffed in this plastic ziploc bag, and each time there was a
birthday cake with fun decorations, I would stuff them in this bag...
I decided to dump everything out on the kitchen counter and take a look.


We've had our share of birthday cakes with racing cars.
Can I add that I wished my kids were still little so we could have more fun cakes like this?

And then we had football cakes, and a Care Bear cake...

These teenagers were on a cake for my oldest daughter when she was just
becoming a teen and spending lots of time on the phone...

I love these clowns and the variety of candles used through the years.

And when you have a couple of girls, a ballerina cake was when my youngest daughter was
taking dance classes.

I love these candle holders and how fun to see that we have neon colors that are back in style!

So many candles...and there are even a couple of boxes of candles that were never used.


So many memories of birthdays in our home.

It's funny when I see this picture, for some reason, I must of thought these polka dot candles were special enough that they needed their own bag.


I took all of those decorations and put them inside a jar and set them on the kitchen counter
so I can see them each time I"m in the kitchen...
So many wonderful memories in that jar!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Wishing you all lots of birthdays in your life!
Linking to these parties

4 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

What a great collection of memories you've made.

outjunking said...

Happy birthday and I agree it's great to be celebrating your birthday at 52.

Unknown said...

That was a really fabulous idea! Very nostalgic and I would LOVE to do something like that in my own place. Found your blog on blogaholics - and again great post! Happy belated birthday!!!

Princess Stephie
http://icecreamtobellyrings.blogspot.com

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

With an older son {he's 20} and two younger girls {6 and 8} I identify with your cake topper treasures. I have some of those, too, and think that I should display them as well...so many fun, happy memories for this 48-year old Mama.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails